Welcome to Austin Veterinary Care
Austin Veterinary Care, formerly Trylon, is a full-service animal hospital and welcomes both emergency treatment cases as well as pet patients in need of routine medical, surgical, and dental care. This practice has been serving the Queens area since 1992. As a small private hospital, we offer personalized care for your pet companion. Our mission is to provide you and your pets the highest quality veterinary care. We strive to strengthen the human-animal bond, healing and helping our animal companions, while also guiding you in a partnership to provide wellness care for them.
As a small community based practice, we strive to be active participants in our neighborhood and get involved with local rescue groups, to be more than just a vet office. With the growing popularity of corporate managed vet care, low-cost and impersonal "vaccine clinics" and internet shopping, many small privately owned veterinary hospitals are closing or selling to corporations. Our commitment to voluntarily seek AAHA Accreditation, exemplifies our promise to you that we will always recommend the highest Standard of Care and maintain close relationships with you and your best friend.
If you have any questions, call 718-480-6100 or email us and we'll promptly get back to you. Our office is very easy to get to -- just check out the map below!
Quality, compassionate care from our family to yours.
Dr. Alan Burns | Dr. John Lu | Dr. Burton Miller | Dr. Osama Said | Dr. Steve Konstalid
New York Veterinarian | Austin Veterinary Care
New Patient Center
What to Expect
In your search for a veterinary facility, we believe you should expect high quality care as well as great service. Our goal has been to assemble a veterinary health care team committed to providing exceptional client service and veterinary health care. Our commitment to you is to continue to offer our world class service and a state of the art veterinary facility.
Your pet's annual vet check-up will include a total physical exam, with a thorough investigation of your pet's body from tip to tail, It's a good idea to keep an accurate medical diary not only of the procedures and vaccinations your pet receives at the vet, but also of notes on things like your pet's elimination habits and any physical changes or unusual occurrences. Keep track of small shifts in your pet's behavior, including urinary marking habits and mood swings, along with diet and routine modifications. Take this notebook when you visit the vet. These seemingly unrelated occurrences may help explain results of your pet's medical tests. Also, if you need to change vets, it's good to have this journal to provide a complete medical history.
Bring a fresh fecal sample from your pet, even if your pet is on monthly prevention, at least one yearly routine check is recommended.
After the initial exam, our veterinarian will make recommendations for your pet and an estimate will be provided prior to performing any treatment.
In some cases a referral to a specialist may be suggested, a veterinarian who have completed advanced studies in specialties such as internal medicine, surgery, and emergency care, and cancer care if your pet must undergo a procedure that requires more precise knowledge and experience.
1. Payment is expected when services are rendered. In order to focus on our patients' needs, customer service and minimizing costs, we do not bill.
2. We accept cash, all major credit/debit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover) and CareCredit (see below for details). All cards must be signed by the owner of the card.
3. When unexpected illness strikes a pet, unexpected expense strikes as well. Austin Veterinary Care understands this and is able to make some special arrangements through the CareCredit program. It takes just 5 minutes to complete an application and will allow you to break down your payment into monthly installments with 6 months INTEREST FREE. You can either apply at our hospital, where we'll call in your application over the phone for immediate approval, or apply yourself online at: www.CareCredit.com.
Highlights of the CareCredit program:
- Low Monthly Payments (3% of the Total Balance)
- Interest Free For 6 Months
- Determine Approval in a Few Minutes
- No Annual Fee
Insurance For Your Pets
Another popular option for your family and pet is insurance coverage. Read our Blog about Pet Insurance and why it's one of the MOST important things you can do for your pet!
To learn more, please visit the following pet insurance websites . . .